The End of Free Feedburner!

By JLP | February 28, 2006

Well, now Feedburner has started charging a fee if I want to view anything other than VERY basic stats. It stinks because I just figured out how to get all my feeds to go through Feedburner so that I could track which stories were most popular.

Any other feed services out there that compare to Feedburner? I’ll dump them in a heartbeat and I bet lots of other bloggers would join me.

Topics: Blogging | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “The End of Free Feedburner!”

1. Traci Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 1:28 pm

Hi JLP –

Never fear – we haven’t change our pricing structure with this latest upgrade. In fact, we’ve significantly improved our StandardStats free offering. Also, we’ve had the TotalStats premium offering available since May 2005. It has been improved too, but it’s certainly not a mandatory service.

So, to summarize, you aren’t losing any benefits you currently have with the free service, only gaining new ones. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Traci

February 28th, 2006 at 1:33 pm

Traci,

Thanks for stopping by.

I beg to differ. I am (and everyone else) losing something unless I fork over $60 per year, which seems steept to me. I used to be able to read which posts were getting which traffic. Now I can’t.

3. MoneyDummy Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 1:48 pm

Wherever you go, let us know if you find a great one! Also, I’d love
    it if you would write/link to a post that tells bloggers how to use
    stats like that to improve their websites and increase visitors.

4. Traci Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 1:50 pm

JLP –

Well color me wrong. I take it back. Thanks so much for pointing this out. We didn’t deliberately take anything away with this upgrade, but it turns out there is a bug if you’re not a Pro user, but you do have click-thru tracking turned on. Our engineers are on the case and click-thru tracking will be showing up on your stats page soon. Thanks again for letting us know about this!

If you have any other questions, drop me a note.

-Traci

5. Make Love, Not Debt Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:31 pm

Wow, nothing like some bad publicity to light a fire under the butts of the Feedburner team.

Good work JLP!

6. John Zeratsky Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 5:19 pm

The “missing stats” are back now :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for pointing this out to us!

Please don’t hesitate to contact us or drop by our forums if you have questions.

Comments