What Are Your Goals for 2007?

By JLP | December 26, 2006

This week I’m going to be thinking about what goals I want to accomplish in 2007. I’ll be posting them later this week.

What goals are you setting for yourself for 2007?

Do you feel like sharing them? If so, leave a comment. Then, this time next year, we’ll look to see if we accomplished any of them. Come on! It’ll be fun.

Topics: Miscellaneous | 18 Comments »

18 Responses to “What Are Your Goals for 2007?”

1. Bryan C. Fleming Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 2:18 pm

We’ve been talking about this on my blog also.

If you don’t have any goals, you’ll never reach them.

If you plan nothing for 2007, that’s exactly what you’ll get.

With the “Million Dollar Savings Club”, we’re planning to have $2,500 in savings this time next year!

- Bryan

2. Suzi Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 2:59 pm

I have three goals for 2007.

1. Pay off my credit cards and keep them that way.
    2. Build up a savings account equal to one month’s pay.
    3. Pay no fees. (I don’t think this one will work, but I’m going to try like heck to keep it.)

3. Khyron Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 6:57 pm

4. The Sarcasticynic Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 7:40 pm

Well, given that I retired in 2006 after thirty years with the same employer, my goal for 2007 would be to maintain a lifestyle I can live with that won’t make me regret my decision!

5. Chicky Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 8:01 pm

So far, here are my goals:
    1. Give to charity (or an individual in need) every month. Incorporate this into my budget.
    2. Pay off my credit card debt. ($11,999 as of today)
    3. Since I spend a lot of money on food, grocery shop (and stick to a list) once a week, and use a set amount of cash for eating out.
    4. Don’t obsess so much about money! :)

6. Chris Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 8:20 pm

1. Max-out my RothIRA contribution.
    2. Beat the S&P 500 in terms of return.
    3. Spend less money eating out. :)

7. Ruben Says:
    December 26th, 2006 at 9:42 pm

1. To have an online monthly income equal or greater than my office job.
    2. To make my weblog Turn Your Blog Into Money Making Machine, successful. I am also hoping through my weblog, I can help my fellow blogger who wants to make money online.

On another note and I’d like to ask, If you will be interested in exchanging links with my blog Turn Your Blog Into Money Making Machine? If yes, please inform me by dropping a comment to my blog. I’l promise to install your backlink within 24 hours after I receive your notification and with my backlink installed on yours.
    Thank you.

8. MsMiniducky Says:
    December 27th, 2006 at 12:59 am

I’m still slicing and dicing my newly available savings flow, and trying to figure out how the whole pie should be divvied up. But it’s all about the saving this year:

1. Secondary e-fund “oops” fund
    2. Roth IRA for 2006 & 2007
    3. Several Misc. goals like parents’ retirement, wedding, etc.

9. yabadaba Says:
    December 27th, 2006 at 10:51 am

goal 1- get a free book from you.

10. Yacine Says:
    December 27th, 2006 at 11:04 am

I think my goals are almost identical to Chris’.

1. Max out 401K and IRA contributions
    2. Invest wisely
    3. Spend less money dining out (Stick to budget)

11. Anonymous Says:
    December 27th, 2006 at 10:42 pm

My primary goal every year is a target for growth in my net worth. All the rest are based either on how to get there, or how to enjoy the other things I want out of life without missing that target. My goal for 2006 was 15% growth. It’s looking like I’ll hit 17%. I’m trying for the same in 2007.

12. Mike Says:
    December 28th, 2006 at 4:06 pm

I have posted my goals here: http://www.myfinanceandaccountingblog.com/?p=52 Check them out! Thanks!

13. Stingy Student Says:
    December 28th, 2006 at 10:15 pm

I’m not sure if you do this, but have you thought about donating a portion of the proceeds from your site? I am planning on doing so next December, although I probably don’t pull in but a fraction of what you do. But who knows, it’s a new year! I wrote about my resolution here

14. Free Money Finance Says:
    December 29th, 2006 at 6:22 am

Star Money Articles for the Week of Dec. 25

Here are interesting posts and news this week from the MoneyBlogNetwork members and beyond: Five Cent Nickel says that a juicy AmEx credit card signup bonus is disappearing soon. Blueprint for Financial Prosperity has some thoughts on cutting health care

15. fivecentnickel.com Says:
    December 31st, 2006 at 9:05 pm

Weekly Roundup – 12/29/06

Here’s a quick look at some of the articles that caught my eye over the past week:
    Jim wants to know if your retirement investing strategy is tax efficient.
    MBH applies lessons learned from crocheting to his investing life.
    FMF has a tip for savi…

16. Sree Says:
    December 31st, 2006 at 11:44 pm

1) My target for 2006(is to have my money earn equal to my House rent) was reached. Now I want to gain my cash flow equal to my montly expenditure(which $2000/month) which means, to my money should earn $24,000 in the year 2007.
    2) To buy One million dollars life insurance coverage(30 years gauranteed).
    3)To distribute my investments as Take 50%, invest in 0% risk, Take 30% and invest in 60% risk, Take the remaining 20% and invest in 80% risk, as I invested 100% with 0% risk this year.
    4) Plan for retirement.
    5) To get my wife back to work..
    :-) bless me Jesus… :-)