By JLP | March 28, 2007
I’m curious – are any of you a member of the American Association of Individual Investors (or AAII as it is called)? If so, what has been your experience? Is it worth the membership fee? I have received numberous offers from AAII over the years but have never joined. The letter I received today had a rather interesting opening:
If You Want to Be a Successful Individual Investor, You Should Know
- Why you shouldn’t buy any stock in the S&P 500 Index!
- Why the asset allocation rules you read about are nonsense!
- Why you should avoid the majority of mutual funds!
- Why international diversification doesn’t work!
- Why “risky” stocks are often not risky!
If that doesn’t pique your interest, I don’t know what would.
Anyway, if you are a member of AAII, I want to hear from you.