Kitchen Remodel Update – ALMOST Finished!

By JLP | October 24, 2007

It’s getting close. Unfortunately our range won’t be in until November 4th!

Here’s some fresh pictures I took this afternoon:

What do you think?

Topics: Kitchen Remodel | 18 Comments »

18 Responses to “Kitchen Remodel Update – ALMOST Finished!”

1. John C Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 5:23 pm

we want to go with recessed lighting in our kitchen too. are they giving off enough light for you??

October 24th, 2007 at 5:34 pm

John C,

Yes, when you pair the recessed lighting with the pendant lights over the bar and the under-cabinet lighting, there’s enough light. In addition to that we also installed a new ceiling fan over the table but I don’t have the right sized bulbs for it.

3. Jordan Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 6:44 pm

that looks amazing. how is the built in entertainment center?

October 24th, 2007 at 6:50 pm

Jordan,

Thanks. I’ll get some pictures of the built-ins when they are finished.

5. V Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 7:42 pm

Looks great. That is how I wanted our tile to be, “on point” I think, but the guys put it in wrong. I think they were looking at the wrong plans. They said they would change it but that it would probably rip off the sheet rock behind it and it would take another week so I said to just forget it. I think we should put in the under cabinet lighting also and some on top to highlight art work and stuff up there. Of course I am always thinking of more stuff to do to the house. Our bedroom is next.

6. D Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 7:47 pm

Beautiful

7. Money Socket Says:
    October 24th, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Wow that looks great! I’m a big fan of open kitchens with a breakfast bar area. The colors are so warm and natural. Good call with the darker stone countertops, it makes it stick out and makes it distinctive. The overall look and feel is great. The cabinets have sort of a classy, antique-ish feel to them. Also judging from your paint scheme this kitchen compliments the rest of your home very well. Enjoy it!

8. Chris Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 8:55 am

Looks good!

9. HC Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 9:11 am

I *really* like the backsplash. The rest of it is great as well, but that backsplash is telling me “remember this for your own kitchen someday.”

10. Brad Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 9:50 am

JLP, that is beautiful. It doesn’t look like the same space! You’re going to be so happy that you did this.

11. Moneymonk Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 12:30 pm

one word: gorgeous!

12. GLM Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 2:08 pm

Awesome ! (But then you picked my favorite Kitchen color combo – so you have good taste) *

13. NCN Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 3:27 pm

Looks awesome…
    Who’s the “cook” in the family? My wife doesn’t like to cook – but I don’t mind – so I do most of the cooking. (My wife likes to say that if she were in charge, all we’d need is a microwave, a hot plate, and a toaster – she says this with a straight face.)
    NCN

14. Bev Says:
    October 27th, 2007 at 1:17 pm

I love it!! Very nice.

15. Stacey Says:
    October 27th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

What a comfy workspace! So…when are the knobs/pulls going on? Your counters don’t look as dark as I thought they would…Maybe Brazilian Brown is in MY future…We might be buying a different house, which would mean a kitchen re-do. Hate to trash the solid oak cabinets…but they’re pretty dark. Does anyone have advice on how to lighten up cabinets, short of stripping and starting over?

I bet you’re happy the end to fast food is in sight! I know how old that got (and washing dishes in the laundry room utility tub!)

16. BuildAndSucceed Says:
    October 29th, 2007 at 11:05 am

Wow that’s VERY nice!
    Bas
    BuildAndSucceed.com

17. jcp Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 12:17 pm

what size is your kitchen? i love your remodel and was wonder if i could fit the same in my kitchen.

18. Erica Says: