By JLP | December 3, 2007
First off, here’s a must read piece from the latest issue of Fortune: Lebron Inc. – The building of a billion-dollar athlete. After reading the article, I have a lot more respect for LeBron James. He’s a very smart young man! I like the fact that he’s using his on-court talent to build a real business. I also like the fact that his childhood friend is running the business for him. Now I understand why he’s such a ball hog!
At the end of the article came a list of the top ten endorsement income earner athletes for 2007. They are:
1. Tiger Woods – $100 million
2. Phil Mickelson – $47 million
3. LeBron James – $25 million
4. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. – $20 million
5. Michelle Wie – $19.5 million
6. Kobe Bryant – $16 million
7. Jeff Gordon – $15 million (tie)
7. Shaquille O’Neal – $15 million (tie)
9. Peyton Manning – $13 million
10. Dwyane Wade – $12 million – I never noticed before but he spells his name wrong! LOL!
It’s amazing to me that the top two are golfers. Surprisingly, there’s no baseball players in the list.