By JLP | December 27, 2007
Christmas is over and now 2008 is upon us. The beginning of a new year is a great time to do things like rebalance your portfolio, re-configure your budget and set goals. Today, we’re going to talk about goals. I would like to know what some of your goals are for 2008. Here are a few of my goals for the coming year (I’m not going to bother you with my gameplan for each goal):
1. Read two books per month.
2. Read to my kids for 15 minutes each night.
3. Go to bed by 10 PM and get up by 5 AM. – I’m typically a night owl, which messes up my morning schedule. It’s time I grew up!
4. Stick to our budget. – Although we don’t “blow” money per se, we could do a much better job sticking to our budget.
5. Eat better. – I need to consistently eat healthier meals and add more fruits and vegetables to my diet.
6. Take my wife out on a date at LEAST once a month.
7. Have fun and enjoy life. – I tend to be a negative person. Why that is, I do not know. All I know is that I want to change.
Those are a few of the more general goals I have for my life. I’ll take each of these goals and break them down into steps so that I have a plan for reaching them.
Now it’s your turn. What are 5 goals (or more) you want to accomplish in 2008.