You may or may not already know this but I have a younger brother (I have a younger sister too but this post is about my brother). Among my brother’s many talents is his song-writing ability. I like to think that he has me to thank for his ability because I introduced him to A LOT of great music when we were growing up (that’s one of the benefits of having an older brother with excellent music tastes!).
Anyway, several years ago my brother bought a keyboard and started recording some of his own music. He eventually had enough material to cut a CD and did just that about 10 years ago. Some of his music even got some air time on one of the local music stations in Wichita, KS. After that CD, life kind of took over and my brother got married, had kids, finished college, sold his keyboard, blah, blah, blah (you get the idea). In other words, music has taken a backseat to life.
Last summer while my family and I were visiting Kansas, my brother gave me a stack of his old CDs and told me I could do with them whatever I wanted. I brought them home and stuck them in a closet, where they sat until this morning when I got the idea of giving them away on this blog. No, music giveaways aren’t related to personal finance but I thought it would be a nice change from books.
Now, before you go and register to win a CD, I want to make sure you know a couple of things:
1. It’s an instrumental CD (kind of “new-agey”). So, if new age isn’t your cup-of-tea, then you might not want to try to win it. However, there is some beautiful music on this disc!
2. The CD has some technical short-comings. This was due to the fact that my brother was paying by the hour to record his music. He didn’t have a lot of time or money to make it perfect. There are some glitches in the disc.
3. If you win a copy of the CD, I would love it if you would let us know what you thought of it! He’s thinking about getting back into music and your encouragement would help.
That said, if you are still interested in winning a copy, please leave a comment below and please remember my two simple RULES:
1. You must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada, andâ€¦
2. You can only enter ONE TIME per day!
I will giveaway 2 discs per day over the next 5 days. I’ll announce the winners of each day’s giveaway the following morning and then mail the discs after all the giveaways are finished.