Another JLP Roundup

By JLP | February 29, 2008

It’s been a while since I put together a roundup. Anyhow, here are some interesting findings from the MoneyBlogNetwork and beyond:

Flexo talks about how Ben Stein’s parents are well-off thanks to variable annuities. – Ben also is (or was) a spokesman for the NAVA (the National Association for Variable Annuities) so you kind of have to take his love affair for annuities with a grain of salt.

Nickel has a guest post from AFM reader and commenter, Dylan, about gambling and the stock market.

Six extreme ways to save.

JD says—and I agree—that the the key to wealth is being satisfied with what you already have.

NCN hosted this week’s Festival of Frugality.

This life brought to you by the bank of mom and dad.

BluntMoney with some awesome wisdom: you’re standing in your own way! – Making excuses won’t solve your problems!

Small change can lead to $1,000,000!

Here’s 3 things that will make you better than 99% of investors. – Yeah, it’s all common sense but it’s amazing how many people lack common sense.

Jeremy has a list of 20 books that will change your life and the way you think about retirement. – Even with all the books I have read, I have only read a few from Jeremy’s list.

LazyMan actually learned 3 things from one of the worst personal finance books ever! – Take a wild guess what book I’m talking about.

Jonathan has 9 traits of the middle class millionaire.

Trent reviewed Debt is Slavery.

Finally, here’s how Meg would buy happiness. – Sounds like a lovely day (if you take out all the girly stuff).

Topics: Weekly Roundup | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Another JLP Roundup”

1. sam Says:
    February 29th, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Thanks for the roundup.

2. killer Says:
    March 1st, 2008 at 1:49 pm

the publisher clearing house is lie no one win $5.ooo a week
    they jast want ass to by a products they suck full of sheet.

3. Lewis Schiff Says:
    March 1st, 2008 at 10:49 pm

JLP, I’m one of the authors of The Middle-Class Millionaire (“9 traits of the Middle-Class Millionaire”) and I’m glad you noticed Jonathan’s posting about our new book.

The Middle-Class Millionaire uncovers the differences within the struggling middle-class and the thriving middle-class. It’s based on original research and provides some specific ways to look at how American households are evolving in the 21st Century.

Thanks for your interest!

4. Bernard Says:
    March 2nd, 2008 at 11:55 pm

I’m impressed with your posting. That’s really a nice story. In fact, I myself have been an investor in equities for a number of years and would be happy to share my experience with one and all.

Feel free to visit my blog on free finanical planning tips. Good to share. Thanks.

5. Flexo Says:
    March 3rd, 2008 at 1:20 am

Thanks for the link, JLP!

6. yu now who Says:
    March 3rd, 2008 at 8:09 am

Just to let each of you know. JLP’s Dad passed away Saturday night. Please keep JLP and his family in your thoughts & prayers.

7. Ron@TheWisdomJournal Says:
    March 3rd, 2008 at 3:56 pm

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Our thoughts and prayers ARE with you and your family.

Comments