By JLP | April 4, 2008
I saw this in today’s Houston Chronicle:
LANSING, Mich. — David Sneath has worked at a Ford Motor Co. parts warehouse for 34 years, but it didn’t take him any time at all to walk out once he discovered he had won a $136 million Mega Millions jackpot.
“I yelled to the boss, ‘I’m out of here,'” Sneath said Thursday after going to state lottery headquarters in downtown Lansing to pick up his first $1 million check.
According to the article, the guy is going to buy a cabin on the lake and a “new fishing boat or two.”
What would you do if you won the lottery?
I don’t play the lottery but if I did and if I won, I would:
1. Give 10% to my church.
2. Give 10% to various charities and people I thought needed some help. I would do this anonymously.
3. Help my mom and in-laws with anything they needed.
4. Pay for college for all of my nieces and nephews (and of course my kids).
5. Finish fixing up our house and put in a pool. I don’t think I would move. We like where we live and we like our house. It would be silly to move just because we had more money.
6. MAYBE buy a vacation home in Coloradoa place where the family could get together a couple times a year.
7. Invest the rest and watch it grow.
I’m sure I would probably spend money on stuff, but I can’t say that I would go crazy buying extravagant things like cars. I’m also pretty sure my wife would retire from her job.
Okay, I’m done dreaming. Back to reality.
What about you? Do you play the lottery? What would you do if you won the lottery?