This is What Kraft Easy Mac Looks Like When You Forget to Add Water

By JLP | July 30, 2008

A little Wednesday humor for you.

My son (I won’t name him but I will say he’s my youngest son) tried to make some Kraft EasyMac without water. Here’s how it turned out:

Yummy!

I was sitting at the table and all the sudden I started smelling a burnt smell. The microwave was filled with smoke and made a lovely aroma that filled the entire house. From now on he’ll be stuck making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. No more “Easy Mac” for him. It’s not good for him anyway. LOL!

Oh, and I’m looking for a lawyer so that I can sue Kraft Foods. It’s all their fault since they didn’t explicitly state that cooking the noodles without water would fill the house with putrid smoke!

Topics: Humor, Miscellaneous | 15 Comments »

15 Responses to “This is What Kraft Easy Mac Looks Like When You Forget to Add Water”

1. Jeremy Says:
    July 30th, 2008 at 8:01 pm

You should sue, it is the American way!

2. Laura Says:
    July 30th, 2008 at 8:55 pm

LOL! Maybe you can get the gov’t to bail you out.

3. shiwala Says:
    July 30th, 2008 at 11:20 pm

Hmm…I wonder if he had something to do with your dishwasher fiasco?!

4. GAW Says:
    July 31st, 2008 at 9:42 am

That works as well as putting toast sticks in for thirty minutes rather that thirty seconds. LOL

5. sam Says:
    August 1st, 2008 at 12:04 pm

I guess it wasn’t easy enough.

6. Tom Says:
    August 4th, 2008 at 10:57 am

Don’t blame your son. I did much worse when I was a kid, including blowing up three plates and catching a paper plate on fire.

7. Andy Says:
    August 5th, 2008 at 2:35 am

Tom, come on. You know he was being sarcastic. I did this before too, on a larger scale. I usually make two packages at once… well one time I got distracted and forgot to put the water in. Then I put it on for 5 1/2 minutes. Disaster! The microwave is coated in a yellow film and the entire house smelled like HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ass for the next week.

8. Allison Says:
    August 14th, 2008 at 9:23 am

my daughter added the water adn the cheese and the cheese started on fire!

9. Andi Says:
    August 16th, 2008 at 7:41 pm

oh wow, I thought that was a bucket of worms for fishing or something! the photo totally caught my attention.

reminds me of how Cher baked cookies in Clueless…

10. Maureen Says:
    August 21st, 2008 at 3:58 am

Sue Kraft? When they post the instructions on the box, on the packets, or on the bowl it comes to microwave it? Easy…means it’s quick, they are not promoting this as a young child can do it on his own without parent supervision. I would say at least the first time, or first few times, a parent should be around to supervise and walk the child through it. It’s either the microwave for a quick and easy meal, or you can stick with the oven.

August 21st, 2008 at 9:58 am

Maureen,

In case you couldn’t tell, I was joking about suing Kraft.

12. Sara Says:
    October 23rd, 2008 at 9:24 am

I am a news reporter in Athens Ohio and am doing an article on the number of college housing fires caused by Easy Mac. It’s ridiculous how many kids don’t put water in it!!! Duh! Also the smaller bags of popcorn. People just push the “popcorn” button on their microwave and forget about it. Most fires here in my city are caused by college kids cooking in the microwave.

13. Stephanie Says:
    October 31st, 2008 at 4:41 pm

I did that in my mom’s house yesterday.
    Whoops.
    Mine was more burnt and worse than that.
    It was horrible.

14. Karen Says:
    December 22nd, 2008 at 8:55 am

i just want to know how to rid my house of that horrible burnt plastic smell ..and my microwave…i have guest for christmas in 2 days.. my daughter also forgot the water…its putrid smelling

15. Ej Says:
    March 14th, 2009 at 2:49 am

Ok…Considering I worked for and sold Kraft products and had a young child at the time I can see your frustration yet sueing is a bit over the top. Can your child read? My son was not allowed to cook anything unless he could read the directions!
    Good-luck,lol

Comments