By JLP | April 26, 2010
I came across this article this morning: 7 Courses That Will Help You in the Real World
This is no-brainer stuff:
• Accounting – this was my favorite class in high school (not so much in college when I had a teacher I could barely understand).
• Technology – if you’re not familiar with technology, what have you been doing?
• Public Speaking – consider joining Toastmasters.
• Writing – one thing facebook has shown me is that that lots of people do not know how to write.
• Marketing – one of the more interesting classes I took in college.
• Sales – we’re all salespeople.
• Management – another of my favorite courses in college. Fortunately, there are TONS of excellent management books available. I recommend reading 2 or 3 management books a year.
Basically, it’s a general business degree.