By JLP | July 20, 2010
A COUPLE OF REMINDERS:
I posted this on Friday so many of you probably didn’t see it. Be sure and enter the giveaway for The College Solution. I’ll announce the winner later this week.
Also, PLEASE DONATE to Beth’s charity walk. You don’t have to give a lot but ANY AMOUNT will help. She’s still a long way from her goal.
Now, here is this week’s Ten for Tuesday:
1. Jean Chatzky’s Feel-Good Saving Tips. I do think making choices to save money empowers people by giving them a sense of control.
2. Ever lost your wallet? Here’s how to recover from it.
3. Single Ma talks about her plans now that her daughter’s about to head off for college. It’s hard to believe her daughter’s that old already. Seems like yesterday she was a freshman in high school. My oldest son will be a freshman this year. Now I feel old…
4. Speaking of college…Lynn O’Shaughnessy has 5 reasons why college students are studying less.
5. Continuing with the college theme…Penelope Wang asks: Are you borrowing too much for college? “…what’s often overlooked is the role of the parents and students who are determined to pay lofty prices for brand-name schools, even if it means going deeply and dangerously into debt.”
6. Nickel talks about his lending club experience.
8. Here are 8 business ideas you can start today. Pet sitting?…
9. Ron has 30 ways to save on a cruise. He left out sneaking in inside someone’s trunk. Do people still travel with trunks?
10. Jeremy has a new FREE e-book: Invest Like a Pro.