By JLP | December 22, 2010
This Christmas Season my wife and I decided to forgo gifts for each other. We decided that we really don’t need anything. Instead, we are going to treat ourselves to a new mattress set sometime next year. We have been married over 17 years and have never had a good mattress. What we are doing instead is taking the money that we would have spent on ourselves and give it away (secretly). I have to say, this has been one of my favorite Christmas Seasons ever.
Anyway, I got to thinking about all the ways people can give to each other without spending lots of money. I came up with a list of ten things. Let me know if you have something to add to the list.
2. Yield your place in the checkout line to someone else.
3. Take an interest in another person.
4. Let someone go ahead of you when driving.
5. Pay the toll for the person behind you.
6. Pay the tab for the person behind you in the restaurant drive-thru.
7. Compliment the employees at the businesses you frequent.
8. Report exceptional service by employees to their managers. Be sure and remember their name.
9. Be patient.
10. Leave a nice tip and a note for the servers at the restaurants you frequent.