PLEASE Make Your High School Kids Watch This Financial Planning Video Series!

By JLP | July 13, 2011

I just found this on YouTube this morning and have been working my way through the videos. This is very well done except that it’s hard to hear the questions from the audience. Regardless, if you want to give your kids something that will have a positive impact on their lives, have them watch this series. I have listed them all here to make it easy for you. The financial planner’s name is Marnie Aznar and her firm is Aznar Advisors (UPDATE: Her link doesn’t appear to work at this time).

Personal Finance from Rothman Institute on Vimeo.

Topics: Basics, Financial Planning, Kids and Money | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “PLEASE Make Your High School Kids Watch This Financial Planning Video Series!”

1. Michael Says:
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Looks like the full video is available all in one piece at http://www.vimeo.com/5575612

July 13th, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Thanks for finding that, Michael.

3. Stacey Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 9:35 am

I got thru Part 10 yesterday and hope to finish tonight. She is doing what I have always wanted to do. Guess it’s still not too late, right?

4. BG Says:
    July 15th, 2011 at 12:22 pm

In the video (part 10 of 12): she says to maintain a high credit score, you need to “Make Consistent Deposits”.

That’s a new one for me. I didn’t think deposit accounts had any affect on credit scores — didn’t think the credit agencies had access to the data…

5. RBK Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 9:38 am

BG–

They don’t. Your bank accounts have absolutely nothing to do with your credit score. I don’t have time to watch the video to get the context but if she suggested putting money in deposit accounts has anything to do with credit scores, she’s wrong on that count.

6. BG Says:
    July 18th, 2011 at 7:02 am

RBK) Thanks for the confirmation.

7. RBK Says:
    July 18th, 2011 at 7:44 am

No problem. I used to work for one of the major credit bureaus and correcting misconceptions has been a bit of a hobby ever since. Credit can be confusing and difficult for people to manage without all the misinformation that seems to fly around. I’m sure this presenter had no agenda in the misstatement, though my better half thought it was a “useful fib” because it encourages saving.

July 18th, 2011 at 8:21 am

I didn’t catch her saying that bit about maintaining a high credit score. But yeah, you’re right. It has nothing to do with your credit score. She could have misspoken.

Comments