Looking for something interesting and beneficial for your kids to read this summer? Check out this list I have summarized from this WSJ article in Monday’s paper:
• “Teen Business Blasts Off!” by Andrea Davis Pinkney and Amy Rosen – After researching, I found the book can be purchased for $5 here.
• “The Student Success Manifesto“* by Michael Simmons – For older kids (ages 15 – 21).
• “Kidpreneurs: Young Entrepreneurs With Big Ideas!“* by Adam Toren – For the 5 to 13-year old crowd.
• “Growing Money: A Complete Investing Guide for Kids“ by Gail Karlitz and Debbie Honig – For 8 to 15-year olds.
• “Upstarts!: How GenY Entrepreneurs are Rocking the World of Business and 8 Ways You Can Profit from Their Success“* by Donna Fenn – “…8 ways you can profit from their success,” has a negative sound to it (but it gets pretty high ratings on Amazon).
• “Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers“* by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
The article closes out by mentioning several websites.
I have not read any of these books, nor have I spent a lot of time on any of the websites.
Do you know of any books or websites that you would recommend?