Subscribe to AFM

Subscribe to AllFinancialMatters
by Email

All Financial Matters

Promote Your Page Too

The American's Creed

Site Sponsors

AFM in the Media

Money Magazine May 2008

Real Simple March 2008

Blogroll (Daily Reads)

Tax Planning

« Previous Entries Next Entries »

Get Free Tax Advice Over at IWillTeachYouToBeRich

Thursday, March 15th, 2007

I received an email from Ramit over at I Will Teach You to be Rich informing me that he has a CPA friend who has agreed to answer tax-related questions for free. Just click on the link and follow the directions. I’m sure the CPA won’t be able to answer EVERY question, but Ramit says […]

Think You Might Be Subject to the AMT?

Saturday, March 3rd, 2007

Find out for sure by using the IRS 2006 AMT Assistant. I used it and it works great and is very easy to use. Here’s some other interesting articles I found regarding the AMT: Tax Timing – Want to avoid the AMT? Make sure you time your financial decisions right [MarketWatch] Guide to the AMT […]

God Bless Tax Cut!

Thursday, March 1st, 2007

I have been using Tax Cut for several years now and I have to say it is great. I haven’t had any problems with it whatsoever. No, it’s not for everyone. If your taxes are more complicated, you may want to skip the software programs and go straight to a CPA. Our taxes aren’t that […]

A Little Self-Discipline Can Save You Some Money

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007

Lots of people like to get tax refunds each year. There’s something pleasant about receiving a nice lump sum all at once. I liken tax refunds to parents taking their kid’s money from them and giving it back later without interest. That’s exactly what the IRS is doing when you get a tax refund. A […]

Direct Deposit Your Tax Refund in up to Three Different Accounts

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007

Here’s something new for this year. For the first time, the IRS will allow filers to have their income tax refund direct deposited in up to three different accounts. This is great for people who don’t want to touch their refund. If you’re anything like me, money sitting in a bank account just seems to […]

Check Out The Tax Carnival No. 10!

Monday, January 22nd, 2007

UPDATE: I made a mistake. The actual Tax Carnival is at WANDERING TAX PRO. Sorry for the confusion. I know taxes aren’t the most exciting topic in the world but if you get a chance, you might want to check out the 10th edition of the Tax Carnival over at Wandering Tax Pro. There might […]

How to Deduct Your Cell Phone

Sunday, January 14th, 2007

I posted a list of the 5o of the Most of the Most Easily Overlooked Tax Deductions back in November. The deduction for cell phones received a lot of attention. So, here’s what I found out about this particular deduction (NOTE: I am NOT a tax expert. I’m just sharing information that I have found): […]

« Previous Entries Next Entries »