I came across this list of 50 Life Lessons Parents Should Teach Their Kids this morning. There is some good stuff here. Some of my favorites:
4. Run your own race, not the race that other people expect you to run.
5. You cannot always choose your circumstances, but you can always choose your attitude.
7. Successful people do what other people aren’t willing to. Success is a mindset, not a goal to be attained.
10. Don’t blame others for your frustrations and disappointments. If you blame others, it means you haven’t taken full responsibility for your life.
12. Watch as little TV as possible – preferably none at all. You’ll lead a more productive life this way.
23. Become an organised person. Being disorganised is one of the biggest causes of stress.
24. Don’t ever stop learning. The more you learn, the more you’ll appreciate the beauty of the world around us.
40. Become a person of integrity. Do what you say you’ll do, and people will trust you. Without trust, it’s impossible to build strong relationships.
41. Learn to manage your thoughts and emotions. How you respond to frustrations and disappointments will largely determine your success.
42. Set big goals, but break them down into small steps. This way, you won’t feel overwhelmed. It’s also more likely that you’ll take action.
50. Happiness is a choice more than it is a feeling.
I could have just included the entire list, because they are all that good. Those were just the ones that really stood out to me.